Senior Internal Auditor (Proc. & Tech.)
Location: HQ, Abu Dhabi
Purpose of Job
- Responsible for planning and performing routine internal audit assignments with a focus on Company’s refinery operations, the supporting technical and engineering activities, process safety management and HSEMS in accordance with the annual plan.
- This includes planning the audit, making risk assessments, carrying out field work, identifying findings based upon independent judgement and objectivity, presenting written findings and recommendations, and preparing draft reports on audit issues and findings discussed with auditees.
- Works under broad supervision from Department and Division Managers.
- Assists Department and Division Managers in the effective discharge of their duties and responsibilities and in undertaking different types of assignments under their direction, including carrying out larger and more complex assignments.
- Participates in integrated audit teams as set up by Division Manager, as a team leader or member, to carry out integrated risk based audits.
- Assigned audit areas may include company’s strategy setting, strategic plans and objectives, specific organizational units, cross divisional financial, management, IT enabled or technical business processes, including process safety management and HSEMS audits, quality audits, technical audits at refineries, major projects, contractors, all company facilities and assets.
- Audits assigned areas in accordance with the Internal Audit Charter and IIA International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Audit planning includes preparing an audit work program, process understanding document and risk analysis (all types of intrinsic and residual risk) of each area assigned for audit.
- Discusses RA with Managers and key staff.
- Assesses alignment of objectives with corporate objectives, mission, vision and values; effectiveness of and compliance with policies, procedures and standards; compares with industry benchmarks and best practices and recommends improvements or enhancements.
- Participates in identification of high risk areas for preparing annual and 5-year risk based audit plans, follow-up of audit items with divisions, budgeting, monitoring of Internal Audit Service provider, and participates in peer review and quality control, or in conducting special assignments.
- The objective of internal auditing is to evaluate and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management, control and governance processes to safeguard Company’s assets.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Process Engineering from a reputable university.
- MBA or professional qualifications such as CA, ACCA, CPA, and CIA certification are desirable.
- Technical, HSE and PS auditing certification are desirable.
- 7 years’ technical experience in Refining, Oil & Gas or related industries out of which at least 5 years’ experience in Technical Audits.
- Very high level of proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Report writing and presentations are essential.
- Knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
- Familiarity with Industry, regulatory and internal audit standards changes.
- Ability to exercise independence and objectivity, ethics and fraud awareness, mature judgment, conflict management/ resolution, and problem identification and solution
- Understanding the business, familiarity with process safety, HSE and engineering codes and standards, accounting frameworks, IT/ ICT tools and techniques, oil refining industry technical knowledge, and experience in use of IA Portal
Must submit WORD file CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, put Job Title as your Subject
and please include the following details in your CV: (mandatory)
- Current location
- Skype account
- Date of birth
- Current salary -AED (Monthly package including benefits)
- Expected Salary- AED
- Notice period
- Total Years of Experience
- Total Oil & Gas Experience