Sr. Internal Auditor- Business & Finance
Location: Abu Dhabi- Head Quarters
Purpose of Job
- Responsible for planning and performing routine internal audit review of financial and non-financial operations and business activities in accordance with the annual plan.
- This includes presenting written findings and recommendations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management, control and governance processes with the objective of safeguarding assets.
- Works under broad supervision from Department and Division Managers.
- Assists Department Manager in the effective discharge of his duties and responsibilities and in undertaking different types of assignments under his direction, including carrying our larger more complex assignments.
- Participates in integrated audit teams as set up by Division manager, as a team leader or member, to carry out integrated risk based audits.
- Assigned audit areas may include company’s strategy setting, strategic plans and objectives, specific organizational units, cross divisional financial, management, IT enabled or technical business processes, major projects, contractors, all company facilities and assets.
- Audits assigned areas in accordance with the Internal Audit Charter and IIA international Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Audit planning includes preparing an audit work program, process understanding document and risk analysis (all types of intrinsic and residual risk) of each area assigned for audit. Discusses RA with Managers and key staff.
- Assesses alignment of objectives with corporate objectives, mission, vision and values; effectiveness of and compliance with policies, procedures and standards; compares to industry benchmarks and best practices and recommends improvements or enhancements.
- Participates in identification of high risk areas for preparing annual and 5-year risk based audit plans, follow-up of audit items with divisions, budgeting, monitoring of Internal Audit Service provider, and participates in peer review and quality control, or in conducting special assignments.
- The objective of internal auditing is to evaluate and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management, control and governance processes to safeguard assets.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration / Auditing / Accountancy.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as CA, ACCA, CPA are required.
- CIA is preferable.
- 7 years’ experience in Accounts and Audit out of which at least 5 years audit experience preferably in Oil & Gas industries.
- Very high level of proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Report writing and presentations are essential.
- Knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
- Familiarity with Industry, regulatory and internal audit standards changes.
- Ability to exercise independence and objectivity, ethics and fraud awareness, mature judgment, conflict management/ resolution, and problem identification and solution
- Understanding the business, familiarity with accounting frameworks, IT/ ICT tools and techniques, oil refining industry knowledge, and use of IA Portal
Email .doc file CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org, put Job Title as your Subject
Please Include: (mandatory)
- Current location
- Current Salary
- Expected Salary
- Visa Status
- Expiration (if on Tourist visa)
- Notice period
- Availability to join
- Skype details
- Date of birth