3 years as MASTER experience
- Grade 11 / Class I
- Specific Training: IALA R-V-103/2 ; IALA R-V-103/3
- Minimum of Master certificate “class-I” with sailing experience as Master on Merchant Marine vessels.
- Previous VTS and/or Pilot experience will be preferred.
- Recognized IALA VTS Supervisor Advancement Training V-103/2.
- Age: 30 - 55 years
- English language is mandatory working language.
- Knowledge of Arabic language is preferred
Function of VTS Supervisors
VTS Authority has developed detailed job description for VTS Supervisor at each VTS center where they are employed. The detailed job descriptions are based on the services to be provided by the particular center, the equipment available. The function of VTS Supervisor as set out in this paragraph is intended to provide a broad guide to the tasks expected to be undertaken by a VTS Supervisor.
- Supervise the activities undertaken at the VTS with regard to the types of service provided;
- Supervise a team, that has the responsibility for conducting the Vessel Traffic Service, to the satisfaction of the Competent Authority as well as vessels and other users;
- Ensure that the standards set by the Competent Authority for operator qualifications continue to be met; and ensure that co-ordination takes place between the VTS, the port operators, and other port facilities and services.
Activities and tasks
In addition to the activities and tasks appropriate to a VTS Operator, the VTS Supervisor shall:
- Ensure that the service provided meets the requirements of both the users and the Competent Authority.
- Coordinate the interface between the VTS, allied services and other port facilities and services.
- Supervise VTS Operators.
- Ensure the efficient running of the VTS operations room.
- Carry out assessments of VTS Operators.
- In conjunction with On-the-Job Training Instructors, carry out revalidation assessments of VTS Operators.
- Reporting of the VTS Supervisor will be on a daily basis to the Harbor Master on duty or his deputy.
- Inform the Harbor Master, without delay, of any situation of risk collision, grounding or violation of Port Regulations being developed.
Knowledge , skills and experience
- VTS personnel undertaking supervisors activities and tasks should hold a current VTS supervisor certificate and the appropriate endorsements in the VTS certification log for VTS Supervisor for On-the-Job Training at the VTS center at which the Supervisor is employed.
- Unless recruited directly, VTS Supervisors should preferably have appropriate experience as a VTS Supervisor as required by the Competent Authority.
- They are also expected to be able to use common software programs such as Microsoft word & excel, be able to use the web and communicate via email.
Must submit CV in WORD file (.doc) only to email@example.com (Subject: VTS supervisor )
and please include the following details (mandatory)
- Current location
- Visa Status
- Current salary -AED
- Expected Salary- AED
- Notice period
- Total Years of Experience
- Do you have IALA R-V-103/2 ; IALA R-V-103/3 Training?
- Do you have at least 3 years MASTERexperience?