Sr. Environmental Engineer
Purpose of Job
- To be responsible for the development and maintenance of all environmental aspects of the Company HSEMS and HSE Control Procedures, in line with Company requirements and the principles of ISO 14001.
- To provide professional specialist advice to all Company divisions regarding the implementation of Environmental Management and protection procedures.
- To advise on requirements for new procedures as necessary.
- To exchange Best Practice with other ADNOC Group of Companies regarding environmental protection.
- At request from other Company Divisions to carry out environmental audits, inspections and investigations covering pollution of air, water or soil and to recommend improvements.
- To make recommendations for improved management and monitoring of environmental hazards in order to achieve ADNOC Group policy objectives and Codes of Practice on environmental protection.
- To monitor compliance with local and international standards on environmental protection.
- To define the scope of Environmental Impact Assessments and other necessary Environmental studies and to coordinate with consultants and contractors regarding their implementation.
- Ensures Environmental Management System & Control Procedures are prepared, followed up for implementation and maintained up to date.
- Plans, directs, coordinates and organizes the activities of consultants, contractors and other HSED staff for efficient and optimum performance.
- Plans the need for training programmes, studies and all necessary activities toensure implementation of environmental aspects of the HSEMS
- Organizes periodic environmental audits and reviews to assess efficiency and adequacy of preventive measures introduced to control potential environmental risks.
Minimum Job Requirements
- B.Sc. degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or equivalent.
- 7 years experience in various aspects of environment, preferably in an oil refinery or petrochemical plant, of which at least 6 years at a supervisory level.
- Good knowledge of International Environmental standards, eg EPA, EU, UK; and international environmental legislation.
- Very Good knowledge of English.
- Good ability to communicate in a multi cultural environment
- Knowledge and experience of computer use with MS Office software
- UAE driving licence is an advantage.
Email .doc file CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Job title)
- Current location
- Current Salary
- Expected Salary
- Visa Status
- Expiration (if on Tourist visa)
- Notice period
- Availability to join